Friday, November 6, 2009

Traditions of Fall

There are things I always think of when the air starts turning crisp and the days get shorter. One thing is caramel apples.

I remember when caramel apples were such a treat and would only be available for one week out of the year during Halloween. Now, thanks to McDonalds and their apple dippers, you can get "caramel apples" year round.

In fact, this is one of the boys favorite snacks -- slices of apple with Marzetti's fat-free caramel dip. Or as the boys call it, "Apples with dip-dip, Mommy!"

Being the traditionalist I am, I want them to see what a real caramel apple was.

I'm happy to say that it was as yummy, sticky, messy, and wonderful as I remembered.

Hayden really enjoyed his whole apple ... and I mean the whole apple. The kid ate the core, seeds, and all!



Tanner, my sweet boy who usually never likes to get messy, was even getting in on the action.



Noel liked the caramel best and offered to share his with Daddy and Mommy.


No comments: