Friday, February 6, 2009

Update

We're back from the pedi ... armed with amoxicillin and Motrin!

All three boys have double ear infections. Acute double ear infections.

Oh, and Hayden has bronchitis.

And Noel has pneumonia in his left lung.

Overall, I'm feeling like a pretty schmucky Mommy right now. I feel like I should have known just how bad my boys were.

However, I was asymptomatic as a kid for ear infections ... I guess my boys are, too!

So, we are on strong doses of amoxicillin for the next ten days. They also recommended Motrin every six hours. Hopefully, we should see some improvement in 24-48 hours.

Ugh ... this weekend should be interesting.

When I went out to fill the boys' prescriptions, I got a bunch of their favorite foods -- watermelon, cranberry/pineapple salad stuff, mozzarella sticks, orange sherbet push-ups -- in hopes that I can tempt them to eat something. I think half the reason they feel so crappy is they haven't eaten more than a couple crackers in the past two days.

So, that's the update. Hopefully, my next post will bring good, healthy news!

3 comments:

Tia said...

oh no!! the poor little guys!!

here's to hoping they get lots of rest and snuggles and feel better soon, they're in my thoughts :)

The Beers Family said...

I'm glad you got some meds and hope the boys feel better soon. The coughing til you puke thing is rough. Alex does it ALL the time.

Minde Herbert said...

My thoughts and prayers are with *all* of you! (And, you are FAR from schmucky.) Hang in there, SuperMoM.